Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague
Department of psychology
Adress: Celetná 20, 116 42, Praha 1
SEE THE LOCATION ON THE MAP
Follow the actual information on this web before your arrival – we organize an informational meeting for psychology Erasmus students in the beginning of the semester!
Meeting for Erasmus students with the department Erasmus coordinator S. Hoskovcová on 15.2. 10:00 (on time please) in Celetná 20, third floor, room nr. 326/328. It is necessary to attend this meeting. As you have the same day information meeting in the library, please subscribe to the library in the afternoon.
- As Erasmus student you can join psychology lectures in English – after the arrival contact as soon as possible the teacher in his/her office hours o You can also have a individual study program here with individual consultations with the teachers (in English, some teachers speak German, French a.o.). Students choose a lecture, get literature (English, other world languages) to study and after that they do the examination. Look at the list of lectures in Czech and contact as soon as possible the teacher of the subject you are interested in. The very actual list is available in the Integrated study system.
We recomend to attend the course Intercultural training, where you get in contact with Czech students.
Please, for your study program do not choose the courses “Excursion” and “Training in Social Interaction” – they have low capacity and you need to speak Czech (the direct experience is not possible to compensate with individual studies). The same is for Psychology of Consumer Behavior and Sales – APS300081 and Management and Economic Psychology – APS30004: the subjects have low capacity and are based on Czech language.
For changes in the learning agreement is our deadline 4 weeks after the start of the current semester. Notice, that for the Erasmus student is the deadline for changes in the learning agreement at the home university important, not ours!
Requirements for foreign students who are interested in studying at department of psychology and who are asking for “acceptance letter”
Student has to fulfill the following requirements:
- Student of Psychology (not a combination of Psychology and other subject or Psychology as main subject).
- Student more than 2 years of Psychology studies.
- Study results up to 1,3 (within the same classification system) or better than average results in other classification systems.
- Student is allowed to study at department longest for 2 semesters, once during her/his studies only. Student submits recommendation of the sending organization.
- Student describes in a motivation letter his/her area of interest, which has to be in accordance with the lecture topics of our department.
- Student submits his/her eventual publications.